Science Buddies makes it easy K-12 students, parents, and teachers to quickly find free project ideas and help in all areas of science from physics to food science and music to microbiology.
Science Buddies includes:
- An online library of 1000+ Project Ideas, which are detailed scientist-authored outlines that help students create a project in any of 30 different fields of science and engineering
- The Topic Selection Wizard tool, which helps students find a project idea that perfectly matches their unique interests
- The Project Guide, an online encyclopedia for how to do science research and science fair projects. It includes step-by-step guidance, actual sample assignments, photos of science fair projects, tips for success, and self-grading checklists for students. Also includes tools, techniques, and reference information such as safety guidelines and a section on the engineering process.
- A robust Teacher Resources area with a curriculum for teaching the scientific method, printable classroom handouts, grading rubrics, and enrichment tools
- The Ask an Expert online advice forum where scientists and engineers guide students who are doing science and engineering projects
- Career Information,including 100+ Career Profiles to inform students about science, technology, engineering, and math careers. Career Profiles are tied into our library of Project Ideas so students can easily see how the science in their project is used in real-world careers.
- The Summer Science Fellows Program, which is a small group of recent graduates (and Intel ISEF participants) who join Science Buddies to work on specialized projects during summer months.