EPA is soliciting applications for grants and cooperative agreements to be awarded as part of the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative.
EPA will award approximately $9.5 million under this request for applications for about 20 projects, contingent on the availability of appropriations, the quality of applications received and other applicable considerations. This RFA is EPA’s major competitive grant funding opportunity under the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative for fiscal year 2013. It is one of several funding opportunities available through federal agencies under GLRI.
Applications are requested for projects within the following four categories:
- Reducing exposure to toxic substances from fish consumption
- Invasive species prevention and control
- Lake Erie Cooperative Science and Monitoring Initiative
- Facilitation of Lakewide Action and Management Plan (LAMP) stakeholder forums
Applications due: 11:59 p.m. EDT (10:59 p.m. CDT), Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2013
- EPA-R5-GL2013-1 Request for Applications (PDF) (45 pp, 310K) July 15, 2013
- GLRI 2013 RFA Questions and Answers (PDF) (1 pp, 79K) July 15, 2013
EPA will hold a webinar to provide more details about the RFA on Tuesday, July 30, 2013, from 11:00-12:30 p.m. EDT