There couldn’t be a more exciting time to join 400 colleagues for a North American conference on biochar. Over the past six years, growers, scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs worldwide have experienced the remarkable properties and benefits of using biochar as a soil conditioner, as a medium for ecosystem restoration, as an agent for wastewater remediation, and even as a food additive to enhance livestock nutrition.
Registration is now open for this event at: www.symposium2013.pvbiochar.org/register. The event runs October 13 – 16, 2013 and will be held at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
In addition to learning about exciting new developments in the field through networking and formal presentations at the event, participants will also have the opportunity to attend the following:
- Ignite Talks – Monday night presentations by experts in the biochar field
- Exhibit tables
- Poster Presentations & Book Signings
- A Biochar Banquet with food stations that will feature local produce grown in biochar conditioned soil, as well as a variety of meats and adult beverages enhanced by biochar
- A Video Lounge
- A post conference field day to learn more about technologies with a hands on approach.
- To volunteer, ask questions, or share comments, please contact the conference organizer, Karen Ribeiro at: firstname.lastname@example.org